Are you wondering, “Can you get a facial with eyelash extensions?” You’re most likely not alone. The fact is, while it’s possible to have both treatments done, certain precautions need to be taken.
This article provides practical advice on how to protect your lashes during a facial, from timing of appointments to selecting compatible procedures and products. So stick around for some must-know tips that will keep those gorgeous lashes looking their best!
- Wait at least four hours after a facial to get eyelash extensions to ensure the lash glue is stable.
- Avoid direct steam or heat during a facial as it can weaken the lash glue and cause extensions to fall out sooner.
- Use oil-free products during a facial to prevent damage to lash extensions and prolong their lifespan.
- Communicate with your esthetician about your lash extensions so they can take necessary precautions during the treatment.
Table of Contents
Can You Get a Facial With Eyelash Extensions?
Facial treatments can be compatible with eyelash extensions, but it’s important to consider potential risks and take precautions to protect your lashes during the process.
The compatibility of facial treatments with lash extensions
Eyelash extensions and facial treatments can go hand in hand if handled with care. If you have lash extensions, it’s essential to wait a minimum of four hours after your facial appointment before applying them.
This waiting time ensures that the lash glue is stable, allowing it to bond firmly without interference from any residual moisture or products used during the facial treatment. However, lash glue may remain unstable for up to three days post-facial requiring extra caution during this period.
Direct steam contact can loosen the adhesive used in eyelash extensions, so choosing facials without steam becomes vital with lashes on board. Oil-based products are also typically avoided as they tend to damage lash extension bonds reducing their lifespan considerably.
Facial treatments compatible with lashes do exist; these options avoid direct steam and oil-based products while still providing skin benefits. Facials like HydraFacial meet such requirements by offering cleansing and exfoliation effects using water pressure instead of heat or oil-based products.
Taking precautions protects one’s investment in beauty enhancements like eyelash extensions during a skincare routine involving facials. Proper communication about your cosmetic enhancement is key- let your esthetician know you’re wearing extensions so appropriate measures get implemented.
Gentle handling of lashes prevents accidental tugging or rubbing which might disrupt the bonding process resulting in early fallout.
In summary, despite possible compatibility issues between certain facials and eyelashes extension procedures due diligence will ensure treatments work harmoniously adding value by improving both skin health and aesthetics concurrently.
Potential risks and considerations
There are a few potential risks and considerations to keep in mind when getting a facial with eyelash extensions. While it is possible to have both treatments done, there are some precautions you should take.
First, it is important to wait at least 4 hours between getting a facial and getting eyelash extensions to ensure the lash glue is stable. Even after waiting this amount of time, direct contact with steam or heat is not ideal for the longevity of your lashes.
It’s also important to avoid oil-based products during your facial, as using these on your lashes can ruin the extensions. Additionally, keep in mind that lash glue can still be unstable for up to three days after a facial treatment.
How to Protect Eyelash Extensions During a Facial
To protect your eyelash extensions during a facial, follow these tips: avoid heat and steam, use oil-free products, and be mindful of the delicate nature of your lashes.
Tips for protecting lash extensions during a facial
To ensure the longevity and health of your eyelash extensions during a facial, follow these tips:
- Keep your lashes away from heat and steam, as it can weaken the lash glue and cause them to fall out sooner.
- Inform your esthetician about your lash extensions before starting the facial, so they can avoid applying products or treatments that may damage them.
- Be gentle when cleansing or exfoliating your face, avoiding any excessive rubbing or pulling on your lashes.
- Use oil-free skincare products during the facial to prevent any oil-based ingredients from breaking down the lash adhesive.
- If possible, opt for a facial treatment that doesn’t involve steam or excessive heat to minimize any risks to your lash extensions.
Avoiding heat and steam
To protect your eyelash extensions during a facial, it’s important to avoid heat and steam. Direct contact with steam can cause the lash glue to become unstable, even if you’ve waited the recommended 4 hours.
It’s best to find a facial treatment that doesn’t involve steam or hot towels when you have eyelash extensions. This will help ensure the longevity of your lashes and prevent any potential damage.
Remember to communicate with your esthetician about your lash extensions so they can provide a gentle and safe treatment for you.
Using oil-free products
To protect your eyelash extensions during a facial, it’s important to use oil-free products. Oil-based products can weaken the lash glue and cause your extensions to fall out prematurely.
Instead, opt for cleansers, moisturizers, and makeup removers that are specifically formulated to be oil-free. These products will help keep your lashes intact while still allowing you to properly care for your skin during the facial treatment.
Remember, using oil-free products is essential for maintaining the lifespan of your eyelash extensions and ensuring they stay looking their best.
Timing and Order: Facial Before or After Lash Extensions
When deciding the order of treatments, consider the potential risks and factors such as lash glue wait time, heat exposure from facial treatments, and the lifespan of your eyelash extensions.
Choosing the right timing for facial and lash extension appointments
To ensure the best results for both your facial and lash extensions, it’s important to choose the right timing for your appointments. Waiting at least 4 hours between a facial and getting eyelash extensions is recommended to allow the lash glue to fully stabilize.
However, it’s important to note that even after this waiting period, direct contact with steam should still be avoided as it can compromise the longevity of your lashes. Keep in mind that lash glue may still be unstable for up to three days after a facial, so finding a facial treatment that doesn’t involve steam or oil-based products is ideal when wearing eyelash extensions.
By considering these factors and scheduling your appointments accordingly, you can enjoy the benefits of both treatments without any interference.
Factors to consider when deciding the order of treatments
When deciding the order of treatments, there are a few factors to consider. Firstly, it is recommended to wait at least 4 hours between getting a facial and getting eyelash extensions to ensure that the lash glue is stable.
Additionally, it’s important to find a facial treatment that does not involve steam or oil-based products when wearing eyelash extensions, as these can damage the lashes. It’s also advised to avoid direct contact with heat and steam even after waiting 4 hours.
Finally, keep in mind that lash glue can still be unstable for up to three days after a facial treatment. By taking these factors into account, you can make an informed decision about the order of your treatments and ensure the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
Precautions to Take With Lash Extensions During a Facial
During a facial, it is essential to communicate with your esthetician about your lash extensions and ensure they are aware of them to take necessary precautions.
Communicating with your esthetician
When you have eyelash extensions and want to get a facial, it’s important to communicate with your esthetician. Let them know that you have lash extensions so they can take the necessary precautions during your treatment.
By communicating openly, you can ensure that your esthetician understands the delicate nature of your lashes and can tailor the facial accordingly. This way, you can enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating facial while still keeping your eyelash extensions intact.
Being gentle with your lashes
To maintain the longevity of your eyelash extensions, it’s crucial to be gentle with your lashes. Avoid rubbing or pulling on them, as this can cause them to loosen or even fall out prematurely.
Treat them delicately when cleansing your face or applying skincare products, making sure not to tug at the lash line. Additionally, if you’re wearing eyelash extensions, it’s best to avoid using oil-based products on or near your lashes.
These products can break down the adhesive and shorten the lifespan of your extensions. By being mindful and gentle with your lashes, you can ensure they stay in beautiful condition for as long as possible without any unnecessary damage.
Avoiding rubbing or pulling on lashes
To protect your eyelash extensions during a facial, it’s important to avoid rubbing or pulling on your lashes. Be gentle when cleansing around the eye area and use soft, upward strokes instead of harsh rubbing motions.
Rubbing or pulling on your lashes can cause them to become loose or even fall out prematurely, reducing their lifespan. Remember, being gentle with your lashes will help maintain their fullness and keep them looking fabulous for longer.
So take care and treat your lash extensions with love!
Aftercare for Lash Extensions and Facial Treatments
Learn how to properly maintain and care for your lash extensions and facial treatments to ensure longevity and stunning results.
Proper maintenance and care after having both services
After getting a facial and eyelash extensions, it’s important to take proper care of both treatments. Here are some tips for maintaining and caring for your lashes and skin:
- Use gentle cleansers: When cleansing your face, avoid using harsh products that can potentially damage your lash extensions. Opt for gentle cleansers that are specifically designed for sensitive skin.
- Avoid oil-based products: As mentioned earlier, oil-based products can ruin lash extensions. Make sure to use oil-free moisturizers, serums, and makeup removers to keep your lashes intact.
- Be mindful of rubbing or pulling on lashes: Avoid rubbing your eyes or pulling on your lashes, as this can cause the extensions to loosen or fall out prematurely. Instead, gently pat or dab the area around your eyes when necessary.
- Schedule regular lash fills: To maintain the fullness of your lash extensions, make sure to schedule regular appointments for lash fills. This will help keep them looking fresh and voluminous.
- Follow aftercare instructions: Your esthetician may provide you with specific aftercare instructions for both your facial treatment and lash extensions. It’s important to follow these instructions closely in order to ensure optimal results and prolong the lifespan of your lashes.
Using gentle cleansers and avoiding oil-based products
To take care of your eyelash extensions during a facial, remember to use gentle cleansers and avoid oil-based products. Here are some tips to follow:
- Opt for a mild, non-irritating cleanser that is specially formulated for sensitive skin. These types of cleansers will be gentle on both your skin and eyelash extensions.
- Avoid using oil-based or creamy cleansers, as they can break down the glue that holds the extensions in place. Stick to water-based or foam cleansers instead.
- When cleansing your face, be careful not to scrub or rub too vigorously around the eye area. Gently pat your face dry with a soft towel afterward.
- If you need to remove any makeup, use an oil-free makeup remover and a cotton pad. Make sure to avoid getting any product directly onto the lash extensions.
- When applying skincare products, such as moisturizers or serums, be mindful of where you apply them. Stay away from the lash line and focus on the rest of your face.
- During the facial treatment itself, let your esthetician know about your lash extensions so they can take extra care around the eye area.
Scheduling follow-up appointments for lash fills
To maintain the fullness and longevity of your eyelash extensions, it is important to schedule follow-up appointments for lash fills. The exact timing will vary depending on factors such as the natural growth cycle of your lashes and how well you take care of them.
Typically, most people need to get a lash fill every two to three weeks. This ensures that any gaps or areas where lashes have naturally shed can be filled in with new extensions. By sticking to a regular schedule, you can keep your lashes looking beautiful and voluminous for an extended period of time.
Conclusion | Can You Get a Facial With Eyelash Extensions
In conclusion, it is possible to get a facial with eyelash extensions, but you should take precautions to protect your lashes. Waiting at least four hours after a facial before getting eyelash extensions is recommended to ensure the lash glue is stable.
Avoiding direct contact with steam and using oil-free products during the facial can help maintain the lifespan of your lash extensions. Remember to communicate with your esthetician and be gentle with your lashes for proper care and maintenance.
1. Can I get a facial with eyelash extensions?
Yes, you can get a facial with eyelash extensions, but avoid steam rooms and oily products because they may compromise the lash adhesive.
2. How does skincare routine impact my eyelash extension care?
Your skincare routine impacts your eyelash extension care significantly. Be cautious to exclude oil-based products that might weaken the bond of false lashes.
3. Can a spa treatment or beauty service affect my eyelash extensions?
Certain spa treatments like hot steam services could loosen your false lashes fast! Before booking your salon appointment, it’s best to consult lash experts about safe beautification techniques.
4. What is lash lift and tint, and how does it differ from getting an eyebrow enhancement?
A lash lift curls up your natural lashes giving them length while tint darkens them for more visibility which differs from eyebrow enhancement that focuses on improving the shape and frame of eyebrows using different cosmetology procedures.
5. How can I maintain my Eyelash Extensions post-facial cleansing?
You should avoid rubbing or pulling at the extensions; instead use gentle de-greasing eye makeup removers suitable for maintaining eyeball health along with promoting personal grooming.