Eyeliner application can be a real struggle for those with hooded eyes. This eye shape, characterized by an upper lid that partially or fully covers the crease, often leaves women in search of makeup solutions to enhance their unique beauty.
This blog post is your guide to understanding all about permanent eyeliner solutions designed specifically for hooded eyes and how they can revolutionize your makeup routine. Join us as we delve deep into this game-changing cosmetic technique!
- Permanent eyeliner is a game – changing cosmetic technique for those with hooded eyes.
- Applying eyeliner on hooded eyes can be challenging due to lack of visible lid space and potential smudging.
- When choosing the best eyeliner for hooded eyes, consider options that are smudge-proof, waterproof, and have a fine-tip applicator.
- Some top picks for hooded eyes include Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (liquid), Biotouch Permanent Eyeliner (permanent), Maybelline TattooStudio Eyeliner Pencil (drugstore), and Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon (thick).
- Different eyeliner styles suitable for hooded eyes include winged, cut crease, Zohna tip, simple, batwing, goth, and dramatic looks.
- Prepping the eyelids with an eyeshadow primer and applying permanent eyeliner with an eye pencil or felt-tip liner can help achieve a flawless look.
Understanding Hooded Eyes
Hooded eyes are characterized by excess skin that droops over the crease, making the eyelid appear smaller. Applying eyeliner on hooded eyes can be challenging due to the lack of visible lid space and potential smudging.
Definition and characteristics of hooded eyes
Hooded eyes are a unique eye shape where the upper eyelid slightly or fully covers the crease of the eye. This intriguing feature can give an impression of drowsiness or seriousness, often described as mysterious and alluring in many cultures.
Notably, hooded eyes present playful paradoxes: desirable for their mystique yet a challenge for makeup application. People with this particular eye shape might find it difficult to showcase their eyeshadow or eyeliner effectively due to the ‘hood’ that tends to hide makeup details when the eyes are open.
Moreover, permanent eyeliner can be beneficial for those with hooded eyes by providing a defined look that stays unaffected even when traditional cosmetic products fail to do so.
Challenges of applying eyeliner on hooded eyes
Applying eyeliner on hooded eyes can be quite challenging due to the unique eye shape. Hooded eyes have a fold of skin that partially or fully covers the crease, making it difficult to create a precise line.
The excess skin can cause smudging and transfer of the eyeliner onto the upper lid. Additionally, achieving a winged or cat-eye look may be tricky because the eyeliner tends to get hidden when the eyes are open.
Despite these challenges, there are techniques and products available that can help you create a beautiful eyeliner look that complements your hooded eyes.
Best Eyeliner Options for Hooded Eyes
When choosing the best eyeliner for hooded eyes, consider options that are smudgeproof and waterproof to ensure long-lasting wear throughout the day.
Considerations for choosing the right eyeliner
When choosing the right eyeliner for hooded eyes, there are a few important considerations to keep in mind:
- Smudge-proof formula: Look for eyeliners that are labeled as smudge-proof or long-lasting. This will ensure that the liner stays in place throughout the day without transferring onto the upper lid.
- Waterproof formula: Opt for eyeliners that are waterproof or water-resistant. This is especially important for hooded eyes, as excess oil on the lids can cause regular eyeliners to smear and smudge.
- Fine-tip applicator: A thin and precise applicator tip will make it easier to create a clean and defined line along the lash line. It allows for greater control and precision, which is essential when working with hooded eyes.
- Matte finish: Choose an eyeliner with a matte finish rather than a shiny or metallic one. A matte finish will give a more subtle and natural look to the eyeliner, making it more suitable for hooded eyes.
- Ease of removal: Consider how easy it is to remove the eyeliner at the end of the day. Look for options that can be easily removed with makeup remover or gentle cleansers, without causing any irritation or tugging on the delicate skin around the eyes.
Top picks for hooded eyes (liquid, permanent, drugstore, thick)
Choosing the right eyeliner for hooded eyes can be challenging due to the unique shape of the eye. But fear not, because we’ve rounded up some of the best options for you. Whether you prefer liquid or permanent, drugstore or thick, these standout picks are sure to help you achieve your perfect liner look.
|Eyeliner Type||Brand||Why It’s a Top Pick|
|Liquid||Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner||This eyeliner boasts a super-fine tip for precise application and a long-lasting, waterproof formula suitable for hooded eyes.|
|Permanent||Biotouch Permanent Eyeliner||A trusted brand in permanent makeup, Biotouch offers a lasting and smudge-proof solution for hooded eyes.|
|Drugstore||Maybelline TattooStudio Eyeliner Pencil||This affordable option from Maybelline provides a gel pencil that glides on smoothly and stays put for up to 36 hours.|
|Thick||Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon||Designed with a thicker tip, this eyeliner from Marc Jacobs Beauty allows for a bold, dramatic look that works well with hooded eyes.|
Remember, the most important thing is to find an eyeliner that you feel comfortable with and that complements your individual eye shape. Always consult with a professional technician if you’re considering permanent eyeliner. They can guide you on the best thickness and shape to suit your hooded eyes and ensure you’re completely happy with the final result.
Eyeliner Styles for Hooded Eyes
Discover a variety of eyeliner styles that are perfect for hooded eyes, including winged, cut crease, Zohna tip, simple, batwing, goth, and dramatic looks. Learn how to achieve each style effortlessly with step-by-step instructions.
Various eyeliner styles suitable for hooded eyes (winged, cut crease, Zohna tip, simple, batwing, goth, dramatic)
Achieving the perfect eyeliner look can be a challenge for those with hooded eyes, but fear not! There are various eyeliner styles that are suitable for this eye shape. You can try winged eyeliner to create a lifted effect and make your eyes appear more open.
Cut crease eyeliner is another option, where you draw a line along the crease to add definition to the hooded area. The Zohna tip technique involves creating a small flick at the outer corner of the eye for a subtle yet impactful look.
If you prefer something simpler, go for a basic line close to the lashline. For those who love drama, batwing or goth-style eyeliner is perfect – think thicker lines and dramatic wings.
How to achieve each style
Achieving different eyeliner styles for hooded eyes is easier than you might think. Here are some simple steps to help you achieve the perfect look:
- Winged Eyeliner:
- Start by drawing a thin line along your upper lash line, starting from the inner corner and gradually thickening it towards the outer corner.
- Create a wing by extending the line slightly upwards and outwards from the outer corner of your eye.
- Connect the wing back to your upper lash line to create a triangular shape.
- Fill in any gaps and make sure the lines are smooth and cohesive.
- Cut Crease Eyeliner:
- Begin by applying a neutral eyeshadow shade all over your eyelid as a base.
- Use a dark eyeliner shade to draw a thin line along your crease, following its natural curve.
- Extend the line slightly beyond the outer corner of your eye to create a subtle flick.
- Blend the eyeshadow on your lid with a fluffy brush for a seamless transition.
- Zohna Tip Eyeliner:
- Start by drawing a thin line along your upper lash line, starting from the inner corner and extending it towards the outer corner.
- Create an angular point at the outer corner of your eye by adding a small flick upwards.
- Fill in any gaps and ensure that both eyes have symmetrical angles.
- Simple Eyeliner:
- Apply eyeliner along your upper lash line, keeping it close to the roots of your lashes for a natural look.
- Keep the line thin for a subtle definition or make it slightly thicker for added intensity.
- Batwing Eyeliner:
- Begin by drawing a thick, bold line along your upper lash line, starting from the inner corner and extending it towards the outer corner.
- Create two triangular points at both ends of the line, pointing towards the outer corners of your eyes.
- Fill in any gaps and ensure that both wings are symmetrical and well – defined.
- Goth Eyeliner:
- Apply a thick, dramatic line along your upper lash line, starting from the inner corner and extending it towards the outer corner.
- Extend the line slightly downwards at the outer corner to create a winged effect.
- Fill in any gaps and make sure the overall look is bold and edgy.
- Dramatic Eyeliner:
- Begin by drawing a thick line along your upper lash line, starting from the inner corner and extending it towards the outer corner.
- Create a winged effect by extending the line upwards and outwards at the outer corner of your eye.
- Connect the wing back to your upper lash line to create a bold, graphic shape.
- Fill in any gaps and ensure that both eyes have symmetrical angles.
Tips for Applying Eyeliner on Hooded Eyes
Prep your eyelids by applying an eyeshadow primer to create a smooth surface for your eyeliner.
Prepping the eyelids
Prep your eyelids before applying permanent eyeliner for hooded eyes. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth application and long-lasting results:
- Cleanse your eyelids gently using a mild cleanser or makeup remover. This helps remove any oils or debris that could affect the adhesion of the pigments.
- Dry your eyelids thoroughly with a clean towel or tissue. Moisture can interfere with the pigment’s absorption, so make sure your lids are completely dry.
- Apply an eyeshadow primer specifically designed for hooded eyes. This will create a smooth base and help prevent creasing or fading of the permanent eyeliner.
- Use a translucent setting powder on your lids to further enhance the longevity of the pigments. This step also helps control oiliness throughout the day.
- If desired, apply a thin layer of concealer or foundation to even out any discoloration on your lids and create an even canvas for the permanent eyeliner.
Applying eyeliner with an eye pencil or felt-tip liner
To apply eyeliner on hooded eyes, follow these steps:
- Start by prepping your eyelids with an eyeshadow primer to ensure longer – lasting application.
- Use an eye pencil or a felt – tip liner for easier control and precision.
- Begin by creating a thin line along the upper lash line, starting from the inner corner towards the outer corner of the eye.
- Gently lift the hooded part of your eyelid while applying to ensure visibility and accessibility.
- Gradually build up the thickness of the liner as desired, keeping it closest to the lash line for a more natural look.
- If you prefer a winged eyeliner look, extend the line slightly past the outer corner of your eye at an upward angle.
- To make your eyes appear more open, avoid lining too heavily on the inner corners.
- For added intensity and definition, you can layer liquid eyeliner over the pencil or felt – tip liner.
Adding a wing if desired
To enhance your eyeliner look for hooded eyes, you can add a wing if desired. This classic and stylish technique helps lift the outer corner of your eye, creating a more lifted and elongated appearance.
To achieve this, start by drawing a thin line along your upper lash line, extending it slightly past the outer corner of your eye. Then, angle the line upwards towards the end of your brow to create a diagonal flick or wing.
You can make it as subtle or as dramatic as you like, depending on your personal preference. Adding a wing to your eyeliner can help balance out the shape of hooded eyes and give them an instant lift.
Layering with liquid eyeliner
To create a more defined and dramatic look for your hooded eyes, consider layering your eyeliner with liquid eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner has a long-lasting and intense pigment that can help enhance the appearance of your eyes.
Start by applying a thin line of pencil or gel eyeliner along your upper lash line to create a base. Then, carefully trace over the line with liquid eyeliner to add depth and intensity.
The combination of both formulas will give you precise definition and ensure that your eyeliner lasts all day without smudging or fading. Experiment with different colors and styles to find the perfect look that suits your hooded eyes.
Additional makeup tips for hooded eyes
Accentuate your hooded eyes with these additional makeup tips. First, make sure to prep your lids by applying an eyeshadow primer to create a smooth base for your eyeliner. Next, when applying eyeliner with an eye pencil or felt-tip liner, focus on the upper lash line and try not to extend it too far past the outer corner of the eye.
This will help lift and open up the eyes. If you want to add a wing, start at the outer corner of the eye and flick it upwards towards the end of your brow, following the natural shape of your lower lash line.
Layering your eyeliner can also help intensify the look. After applying a base layer with an eye pencil or felt-tip liner, go over it with a thin line of liquid eyeliner for added definition and longevity.
This technique can help prevent smudging or transferring onto hooded lids.
Remember to choose waterproof or smudge-proof formulas that are long-lasting and won’t budge throughout the day. These types of eyeliners are especially useful for those with hooded eyes as they stay put even if there is some lid-to-lid contact when blinking.
In conclusion, permanent eyeliner for hooded eyes is a great option to enhance the appearance of your eyes. It provides a long-lasting and smudge-proof solution that saves you time on daily makeup application.
Remember to consult with a professional technician to discuss your desired outcomes and ensure the best results for your unique eye shape.
1. What is permanent eyeliner for hooded eyes?
Permanent eyeliner for hooded eyes is a makeup technique that applies pigments between the lashes creating an appearance of thicker, smudgeproof and waterproof eyeliner.
2. How does applying permanent eyeliner enhance aging or droopy eyes?
Using permanent cosmetics, specifically designed techniques like tattooing or semipermanent liners enhances the definition of aging eyes making them look more lifted and youthful.
3. Where can I find services providing this treatment near me?
You can search online using keywords such as “permanent eyeliner near me” or “permanent makeup for hooded lids” to find specialists offering these services in your area.
4. Can any special aftercare be expected following this procedure?
Yes, it’s common to see before-and-after pictures suggesting proper care methods post-procedure which could include avoiding water around eye areas to keep the newly applied liner long-lasting.
5. Are there other ways besides permanent makeup to enhance my hooded eyes?
Absolutely! Apart from cosmetic treatments like drawing different styles with a lasting liner on heavy lids, you can also consider options including eyelid surgery, lash extensions, tape defined creases or primers assisting in lift up effects.